Tuesday, September 27, 2005

If you were my homework, not only would I NOT be doing you right now, but you'd be suffocating inside my backpack, where you shall remain

Because seriously? I WILL DO ANYTHING TO AVOID WORK. THIS IS A SICKNESS. STAY AWAY FROM THE CRAZY PROCRASTINATING LADY.


Little Known Facts About Jenn.....(no, i don't mean known facts that are small in nature)

1. I hate lemons in all shapes and form. Limes are a far superior citrus fruit, in my humble opinion.
2. I am scared of heights. And vampires. But heights are the really the more pressing of the 2 phobias.
3. There was a 200 point difference between my verbal and math scores on the SAT's. 200 points!!!!!!!!! I think that makes me either borderline retarded, or suggests that I really and truly can not. Do. Math.
4. I won't dance. Can't make me.
5. I took more medication in the past year than you probably will in your entire lifetime. They know me in CVS by name-I'm trying to pitch a "Cheers"-type sitcom to NBC.
6. I won't wear leather, but I am not a vegetarian. Apparently I would have been a real prize back in the cave times: "Oh, honey, yes I am going to be eating that unidentifiable animal that you just beat to death with your own forehead. But hell no am I wearing it!! Better get to making me a synthetic coat-there's an ice age coming, bitch!!"
7. I've been camping precisely once. And it was in my backyard. And I didn't last the night.
8. I have a crush on James "The Ragin' Cajun" Carville. Judge me not!!
9. I twirl my hair.
10. I have never, ever hit someone out of anger. Not even a sibling. Which is not to say that Liz didn't/doesn't deserve the back of my hand on many, many an occasion.
11. Gay guys keep making out with me. Seriously, maybe four times has this happened in my adult life. Why?
12. I'm writing this entry on my month old, very beautiful laptop. Which is also the third computer I have owned since starting my collegiate endeavors.
13. I hate "The Grapes of Wrath". HATE. A whole chapter devoted to dust? No thanks!! And the ending? When Rose-of-Sharon is like breastfeeding that stranger who is starving? More than a little gross, plus my cheek still totally hurts from being slapped in the face by that symbolism.
14. I pronounce the "t" in often, and envelope "on-velope". Yes, this probably does make me classier than you.
15. As soon as a lot of people start watching a tv show that I like, I kind of lose interest, and it doesn't seem as smart/edgy to me anymore. I watched Sex and the City from the moment it debuted, and then everyone jumped on the bandwagon like 3 years later when the DVD's came out, and then I kind of started to hate it. Because I? Am a total snob.
16. I peaced out during my own brother's bris (which was the first one ever held in the JCC). Because I didn't need to be seeing that, really.
17. I read "War and Peace" in 6th grade. Couldn't tell you a damn thing that happened in it, though. I am convinced that I have gotten dumber.
18. This year, I am exactly twice as old as my brother.
19. I know where the tire bars are in Ford Explorers!!!
20. My mama married a townie!!! Ahahahhaha, many a fight resulted over my discovery of this, but it is TRUE-my parents met at Syracuse University Law School, and guess where my dad was raised? Oh about 10 minutes from campus. And he says "no, I am not a townie, I did my undergrad at Boston University" to which I say "dad? You were from the town. YOU WERE A TOWNIE!!!"
21. I can't draw on eyeliner. I just can't. This makes me feel like less of a woman, in truth.
22. They closed down the hospital that I was born in, Columbia Hospital For Women in DC
23. I've never been to the top of the Washington Monument, but, then again, I don't know many people from around there who have. Let's leave the climbing to the top of a tower to look out at buildings significantly shorter and less impressive than said tower to the tourists.
24. I am obsessed with George Harrison. OBSESSED. This is a new thing. He was always my favorite Beatle because I thought he just seemed cool and quiet and somehow not as dorky as the other ones even during the "let's wear matching suits" phase. But since starting the Beatles class, I can not read enough about the man. He is my desktop on my computer. I just love him, I love everything about him, I love his voice, I love the songs that he did by himself, I love how he played the 12-string, I love love LOVE the video from the BBC tribute to Carl Perkins-it was done sometime in the 80's and it was like the cutest thing I have ever seen. Harrison was totally in love with Perkins, he was one of the biggest Beatle influences, and on the show all of these rock giants are sitting around with their guitars, etc. with Perkins singing his songs, and George quietly suggests one of his songs so sweetly and Carl can't remember how it starts-which is sad and crazy because it was like his biggest song. So George starts playing it slowly and sings the first couple of lines, and as soon as he sees Carl remember it, he stops singing and let's him do it by himself. Which, I mean, OH MY GOD you are George Harrison, you are a Beatle, you can sing if you damn well want to also! I think even Elvis would be ok if George Harrison wanted to sing one of his songs with him. But that's how George was, so reserved and willing to let Paul or John or Ringo take the spotlight, which is why I find him so so endearing. The world needs more George Harrisons.
25. I don't understand why everyone loves John Cusack. I really, really don't.
26. I was afraid of Ketchup when I was little.
27. I love Christmas songs, particularly "Little Drummer Boy". And I have gone with my dad to the Christmas trees on the mall in DC every Christmas Eve for 21 years.
28. I'm a tiny bit of a pyro. I have a billion candles.
29. I loathe Cameron Diaz. Every time she bitches about the press I want to kick her in the face. Because without them? No one would have been tricked into seeing "The Sweetest Thing", you ass.
30.Apparently I am pretty fast and loose with my deep dark secrets, because this was damn hard.

No comments: