Sunday, January 22, 2006

I really just have no clue where Torino is, to be honest

Look, I don't care about the Olympics, and if you say that you do I kind of think you are lying a little bit. I mean, it's not like ancient times when sending our atheletes to a foreign country was a monumental sea voyage of 67 months or anything. This is a global society, we go to and from different countries constantly with great ease. And what's the point of it all? National pride? Congrats, Joe Athelete, you are bringing back a gold medal in skating very quickly on ice INDOORS. Brava. Bring back Osama's head in a ziploc bag. THEN we'll talk.


Also, I think that I have pinpointed the source of all of our nation's problems:

"Because good times and good food start with 'o'"
-A commercial for the restaurant O'Charley's that I saw today (and recoiled in horror from)
I get what they are trying to say here. But in this country we are too busy making sure that our children aren't being left behind that there is just no time to teach them figurative language, so they are just going to be very confused by this.

No comments: