Friday, August 01, 2008

High school's better than junior high. They'll call you names, but not as much.

So Heather Matarazzo (who lame people will know only as Anne Hathaway's friend in The Princess Diaries) just got engaged to her lady friend.

Now, as you and I are cool and alternative and know that mainstream indie films are far superior to mainstream "normie" films (as some of my Media Studying comrades would call them), we remember Heather as Dawn Weiner in Welcome to the Dollhouse, the 1995 movie that made us all feel a little bit better about our middle-school social standing.

In this movie, Heather's character is infatuated with this super cool, older, popular guy who plays guitar and sports a pretty sweet early 90's rocker mullet. Now, I want you to look at the first picture in this post and tell me TO MY FACE that Heather's girlfriend doesn't TOTALLY look like mullet rocking Steve Rogers!

Coincidence? I think not.

No comments: