Wednesday, September 13, 2006

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS: EL NINO IS BACK!!!!!!

Oh my god, I'm freaking out here!! In case you were too young to remember, El Nino is the very very VERY dangerous and lethal mass of...warmish air. Anyway, it is HORRIBLE and when it first came around a couple of years ago, it was responsible for terrible things, including (but not limited to): shooting Kennedy, ruining the 2000 election results, supporting terrorism, giving drugs to children, and making my hair VERY frizzy. Even the name conjures up horror; the "Little Boy", indeed.

So what does this mean for us in the US? Well, less hurricanes this year, for one. And a milder winter in the Northeast. Goddamn you, El Nino, God DAMN you.





I should have known, though; the jew-fro was particularly tempermental yesterday:

Sigh. Seriously, it was crazy, you can't really tell from the picture, but it was bad news. On an unrelated note, my longest layers are now almost at the small of my back. I want to donate my hair, but did you know those places only take un-dyed, or "virgin" hair as they so delicately refer to it? And the lower 5 inches or so of my hair was bleached blonde 2 years ago. Anyone know of any place that will take my slutty hair?

1 comment:

Samantha Wolov said...

Actually, the virgin hair thing is pretty customary. It's so that a client has the most opportunities to personalize it. I think the minimum to give is 10", but don't quote me on that. Depending on how short you want to cut your hair, you may be able to see if you can donate less (7"?) and see if it can be made into a man's piece or a shorter wig. I don't know. Actually, do they even make pieces for men that aren't toupeés?

And for the record, a layered bob (not a shag, nothing even remotely Klute-ish or Joan Jett-ish) might look really cute on you. Given that we kinda look alike, I can speak with some confidence....