Sunday, October 01, 2006

Yom Kippur: The Greatest Hits

Google Yom Kippur images and this will come up. I think it's fairly awesome.


In honor of the impending Day of Atonement, I present you with great moments of Yom Kippur past:

-Y.K. 1996- my algebra teacher suggests that "all you Jewish kids can get together on your DAY OFF and do the project at the library". I have to educate the 673 year old woman and tell her that a.) we are in synagogue literally all day, b.) I don't write, and my parents won't drive on the holiday, c.) I'll be too busy asking God to LET ME LIVE ANOTHER YEAR and d.) you suck and it's making me sad.

-Y.K. 1993-ish- because I am not of fasting age yet, I go over to my partner-in-crime's house (duh, Karlyn, who else did I cause trouble with back in the day) where we invent a game that involved standing on chairs in her basement and hitting some kind of beach ball back and forth, resulting in me falling down (I know, I wasn't always this graceful) and chipping a tooth.

-Y.K. 200Idon'tremember-I sleep through Neilah (or however one might choose to spell it), wake up at like 11 at night, stand up, then almost fall over and die because the fast is long over and it's been like 30 hours since I've had food or water.


Have an easy fast, chosen kids, and a happy new year!

No comments: