Friday, December 29, 2006

Plague-Induced Bed-In (For Peace!), Hour 42


I refuse to leave this bed until we have world peace (and clear nasal cavities)! Look, I figure as long as I am stuck in this king-sized, fluffy, down-encased prison, I might as well support a cause. I would feel a lot better if John and Yoko were here, and maybe a little bit of press, because this bed-in is looking pretty pathetic (just me and mountains of tissues, my echinacea, the vicks vapo-rub that I am not about to rub anywhere because I think it's weird, some cold tea, and the nyquil).

I didn't actually get out of bed until 6 pm today, and that was just to go upstairs and whine to anyone who would listen and cry because the can of chicken soup was waaaaaay too hard to open and freak out my dog, who is part hound and can smell anything a mile away and apparently hates menthol (ok, I rubbed the vapo-rub under my nose, which is apparently like the one thing you are NOT supposed to do, aside from smearing it on a cracker and eating it. But I am not going to put that crap on my chest and go topless! This is not Plague Victims Gone Wild!).
I'm beginning to get a little restless here. How are we doing with that Coke slurpee, hmm?

No comments: