Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Thoughts On The People's Choice Awards:

The people suck.

Love,
Jenn


















PS-Seriously. The people who chose the "winners" last night were not my people, if you know what I'm saying. First of all, how the hell did Rascal Flatts win best song for "Life Is A Highway" when all they did was sing it exactly like it was originally recorded, like EXACTLY? And how in the hell did the trite piece of crap that is Failure to Launch end up being nominated for best anything? And CAMERON DIAZ? REALLY, PEOPLE? Disappointed. But I don't know what I expected from viewers who nominated "Two and a Half Men" and "The King of Queens" for any kind of award that is not being given in an ironic sense.

On an unrelated yet equally elitist and bitchy note, I'm getting very, very annoyed with the commercials for Children of Men. They keep saying "it's like the Blade Runner of the 21st century." Wasn't Blade Runner the Blade Runner of the 21st century? It takes place in 2019, and Children of Men apparently takes place in 2027. So I guess you could say "Children of Men is the Blade Runner of ten years after Blade Runner takes place", but I'd hardly say that's catchy.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Man you hit everything right on the money. I never know where they get the people who decide the "People's Choice". I mean I a person and I've never been asked to pick who I like the best. The things that make you go hummmmmm!

jenn said...

were all of the people allowed to make this choice? I didn't know! I was not informed!It's like the people who are allegedly Nielsen's families and decide the television ratings. I have never met ONE person who does this. I'm beginning to think that the "people" in question were all related to Cameron Diaz because otherwise there is no way she legitimately won that thing (I don't really know why I have this deep hatred for her, it's kind of weird and unnatural. Maybe I am the only "people" who feels this way, though...)