Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The State of the Union, By Me

"My fellow Americans,
We still have a union?!
Good night, and God bless."



For the first time since I can remember, I didn't watch the speech. It's just too sad. Remember when we used to love each other? It's all a little too War of the Roses for me (the 80's film, not the civil wars in medieval England, thanks). Anyway, I apologize for neglecting the blog. A lot of stuff has gone down this week. Such as:



-That old guy getting kicked off of Grease: You're the One That I Want! (the exclamation point let's you know for a fact that this show is AWESOME). I'm not a man-hater, but can we all agree that no 42 year old woman would seriously believe that she could convincingly portray a 17 year old girl? Only a dude would do that. Seriously, look at him:


At least he's not cheesy.


-It snowed half an inch and Northern Virginia FREAKED the eff out and civilization came to a stand-still. One of my fondest memories is driving through a snowstorm last year in Indiana with about 5 inches already on the ground and cars literally spinning in circles all around me because IU prides itself on not canceling classes since the 14th century or whatever. I forgot how awesome they are at handling inclement weather here. It's the equivalent of the entire region curling up in the fetal position and whimpering.

And that's all that happened, really. I just get in these moods where everything that I write sounds awkward to me, and since I refuse to risk embarrassment/failure at all cost, I just choose not to do it. This is clearly a mature way to deal with life.

No comments: