Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Feel the burn

I am capable of many things. Apparently pilates and getting my 92 pound dog to drink medicine from a syringe are not two of those things.

The dog thing is fairly self explanatory. Earlier this evening, upon discovering that the cable On Demand thing has free workout shows, I attempted to do pilates. This was a terrible, terrible mistake. Because while it looks like the most boring, grandma exercise program one could imagine, it is RIDICULOUSLY hard. Like I'm scared to go to sleep because I know that when I wake up my "core" will be killing me (I know what you're thinking, and yes; "core" is a made up term that pilatists use to make me feel guilty for not doing their exercises, because if the "core" is the center of everything and you've merely been working on your abs then you are a terrible human being). And now I'm freaking out because thinking back on it, I could have easily broken my spine. Like the chances of my "form" or whatever the crap they call it being correct is slim to none.

Speaking of things my dog would never, ever let me do with him AND speaking of exercises that my body would never allow me do with it, please read this article on yoga for dogs. Not because it's terribly informative, but because one of the women quoted in it is actually named Eve Holt, and, if you're a die-hard Arrested Development fan like myself, you will appreciate that ("when that one gets pregnant, it STAYS pregnant").

No comments: