Sunday, April 01, 2007

Phoning it in...

I know it's old news, but I don't think I ever really got to express how much I hated the color of this dress. It haunts my dreams.

Upon further review of my previous blog entry, I find it to be lacking. The truth is that my heart just hasn't been in it lately. I've been distracted. On the 20th, I got insanely good news. Like when I am nervous/excited, I pace. And when I received aforementioned news, I spent literally 45 minutes doing figure eights around my basement while talking on my cell phone. Because this was something that I really really REALLY wanted to happen, but I truthfully never believed actually would. And I can't really discuss it here YET. It's not a secret-if you know me, IM, call or e-mail and I'll tell you. It's just not something that I can really post about right now. Let's say by the beginning of June this news will be bloggable.

IN THE MEANTIME, let's talk about Passover. Passover makes me a little crazy. 347 days of the year I don't really care about Wheat Thins and beer. But as soon as the time hit today when I had to switch over to strictly Passover food, that's all that I wanted to eat. If you're not familiar with Passover food, then consider yourself (and your digestive tract) lucky. Basically they take a food and, although all they really need to do is remove the corn syrup, just ruin the crap out of it. Like I'm convinced they add sawdust and chalk to stuff. I'm working on some solid proof.

Plus I'm not big on the Passover story; although I appreciate the gesture, I'm not entirely convinced that wandering in the desert for four decades was some big prize (GOD PLEASE DON'T SMITE ME, OK? THANKS). That is just an unnecessary long length of time. It's like if you start wandering when The White Album is released, and you're still wandering today with a good two, three more years to go (yes, I used a Beatles reference when discussing the Exodus. Whatever. I plan to continue to do so at even less appropriate times. Like when my first child gets married I will say "Honey, I'm so proud of you-as proud as George Martin must have been when Please Please Me reached number one on the charts.")


On yet another unrelated note, I had Florida winning the whole thing so yay me! Though my bracket did take a little bruising towards the middle of the tournament (SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE MOTHER HELL NOTRE DAME-YOU ARE THE FIGHTING IRISH AND YOU LOST THE DAY BEFORE ST. PATRICK'S DAY. UNCOOL), I ended up doing pretty well.

No comments: