Monday, April 16, 2007

What can you say, really? It's inconceivable, but in a sick and macabre way, not that surprising.

Everything that I try to write here comes out awkward and wrong. I'm afraid of offending people. And who can you blame this on, really? Should the campus have been put on lock-down, possibly trapping a killer inside a dorm with kids in it? Should classes have been cancelled after the first shooting so they could choose to stay home, or would that have put more students milling around outside where they could be easy targets? There's nothing to say. The word "tragic" barely does it's job.

No one wants to read my opinions on this, and I can't do it adequately, so I won't. I'll blog about something mildly entertaining and give you some lukewarm comedic distractions later in the week. Right now it's back to obsessive CNN watching and staring sadly as my kids at school color mermaids and play basketball and laugh, because I don't want their world to be one where these things happen.

This world sometimes sucks, and that's all there is to it. Sometimes it sucks in a funny, "our president gets injured while eating a pretzel" way, sometimes it sucks in an unbearable way. This is clearly the latter.


To the people that I love who are Tech alumni, I'm so, so sorry.

No comments: