Sunday, November 06, 2005

I don't know why you're surprised, clearly it was inevitable...

...that I would eventually totally lose my shit. I think it has finally happened. I feel like we can blame this all on Sgt. Pepper.

EricaLeigh42783: Goodness
EricaLeigh42783: You are going to need a debriefing from this class, aren't you?
Byline5183: I SO AM
EricaLeigh42783: Hahaha
Byline5183: that's why i am taking rock history in the 60's next semester!!!Byline5183: it's going to be a little beatles, but maybe some hendrix or the byrds can help me out of this
EricaLeigh42783: That is so badass, I am so jealous
EricaLeigh42783: What kind of college do you go to?
EricaLeigh42783: We only have boring classes
Byline5183: ok, seriously, can we talk about what's going to happen, say, the first week in december when we talk about the beatles breaking up and then john and george dying? i am really worried i am going to have a panic attack, erica
Byline5183: people cry every semester, apparently
EricaLeigh42783: Oh my gosh
EricaLeigh42783: Do they make advance appointments with the grief counselors for you?
Byline5183: i am going to have to call my shrink
EricaLeigh42783: I'm slightly disturbed at the momentus-ness of this whole entire ordeal
Byline5183: seriously
Byline5183: it is weird because it is a class on FOUR GUYS for like 8 years. that's it. so you talk about them for four hours a week
Byline5183: it is intense
Byline5183: ok, but seriously:
EricaLeigh42783: Geez...I hope someone teaches a class on me one day...
Byline5183: http://www.zippyvideos.com/5264966761251726/the_beatles_-_hey_jude_live_version_1/
Byline5183: just LOOK
Byline5183: i mean COME ON, after seeing shit like this i have to hear about them breaking up?!?!

and also

Byline5183: i have all of these beatle facts and NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THEM
Byline5183: they are funny cool things too!!!!! and i am OBSESSED and no one cares!!!
EricaLeigh42783: Oh hey, I remembers those days
EricaLeigh42783: 7th grade report man...
Byline5183: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS IS


I mean....I don't think that you understand. Pretty much the only music I listen to (I mean, i love. love. LOVE it but also i have to know all of the songs and who wrote/plays/sings what, so if I start listening to other music it is going to confuse me. Because really? My brain is totally fried at the age of 22. For real, I can't remember jack shit about anything. I can't study, I can't pay attention. I know I have ADD, but that is basically the least of my problems and I can't take those drugs because they will totally bring on The Crazy. Like woah.) So part of the reason I am so into this is because I have to be. And part of it is because I love it; I love analyzing the songs and hearing about their lives and everything. But a big part? I kind of just love caring about something. Because for pretty much an entire YEAR I didn't give a damn about anything. (cue the sad violins). I didn't care about school, I didn't care about my writing, I didn't care about relationships, I did not care that I had the worst dye job in history (HOW COULD YOU ALL HAVE LET ME BLONDE?!?!?! FOR ALL OF THOSE MONTHS?!?!?!?!? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, "FRIENDS"??!?!?). Eh, you don't need to know about the specifics. But to go from not caring about anything on the entire planet to being excited to go to a CLASS, of all things?!?!??! Feels so effing good I can not tell you ;)


(stop the sad violins now, I hate all stringed instruments)


OK NO MORE OF THAT BECAUSE I AM ON THE VERGE OF A BLOG ENTRY LIKE THOSE PEOPLE DO WHO DOCUMENT WHAT TIME THEY WOKE UP AND WHAT THEY ATE FOR LUNCH AND I WILL NOT DO THAT. I JUST. CAN'T.





And just because this little piece of cyber-space belongs to me and I can do whatever I choose with it.....




So what have we learned today, kids? That half of the recent Beatles obsession is the realization of this deep need to feel connected to something . And the other half is because I think George Harrison was. so. cute.

No comments: