Thursday, August 24, 2006

It IS Lonely Out In Space...

Guys, I am very very very VERY sad about the devastating news this morning.

Those bastards at the International Astronomical Union have decided that Pluto is no longer a planet. Needless to say, I miss it already.

Granted, Pluto is not my favorite planet (Neptune) but this is sad nonetheless. Ostracizing something because it is "too small"? Have we learned NOTHING from Dr. Seuss's acclaimed "Horton Hears A Who"?*

As sad as I am over this, imagine how the people at nineplanets.org feel. Or the scientists who are like Pluto experts or whatever. They've just been downgraded. This is ludicrous, LUDICROUS I say. Was Pluto not just as miniscule in 1930? I believe it was!

Why couldn't this have happened to Uranus ("Making Elementary School Kids Giggle Inappropriately Since 1781")?

*" A person's a person, no matter how small". Jesus, sometimes I really have to hold your hands through the pop references**. Just try to keep up. alright?

**I apologize for that. It was mean, and the reference was kind of awkward, yes? Pluto is not a person***. I'm sorry for flying off the handle like that.

***Not a planet, either. The bastards.

No comments: