Saturday, November 25, 2006

Things of Note

I think this year I'll be thankful for Hendrix


-I saw my first James Bond movie yesterday. Daniel Craig looks like his face got caught in a blender and all he does is grunt a lot, and yet he is the only reason I went to see it. He has a Clive Owen-esque quality, yes?


-It's that time of year again. Muslims, you secure the front. Buddhists, Atheists, gather the troops. The Hindus, Pagans, and Jews will formulate a plan to spread generalized hum-buggery. The War on Christmas 2.0 is ON.*


-I keep having dreams about my teeth falling out. Normally I never ever remember dreams. But, of course, these are burned into my consciousness and I spend the entire morning walking around holding onto my molars. So I did research. Here's what dreammoods.com has to say about this:

"One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy."

GREAT, I had more things to be concerned with before, but now I AM worried that I am ugly.


-I hope you all had a delightful Thanksgiving. I made cranberry sauce. Yes, MADE, as in not just opening the can and sliding it into a bowl whilst still in can form and throwing it on the table. I think I was inspired by the 40 episodes of Top Chef I had just watched.


*in all seriousness, when greeters at Wal-Mart wish me a "Merry Christmas" ( a decision made this year by corporate) I will drop-kick them (I learned this from Mr. Craig) and then start screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT ABOUT NEW YEARS? DOES NO ONE CARE ABOUT NEW YEARS?!?!" or I will kindly wish them a Happy Channukah. And shove a dreidel down their throats so they know what it's like for the rest of the world during the entire effing MONTH of December (um, cello, my holiday technically takes up more of the month than yours does ANYWAY). Or I just won't go into their stores because they generally just sell crap you don't need, fish that will die (remember Wally!?!?!?), and guns.

No comments: