Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bang, bang (my hairstylist shot me down)

Some little-known trivia for your Monday evening...


- Every time Tyra utters the phrase "modeling is one of the hardest industries in the world" on ANTM, somewhere a coal-miner's head explodes.

- If someone describes THEMSELVES as funny, 99.99% of the time they aren't. If you're really funny, then you don't need to tell people about it.

- The reason why the people working at the Fair Oaks MAC store are so elitist and rude is because not everyone can wear make-up, people. You have to be very special and important. And own a face.

- Your hair stylist is allowed to decide how to do your hair, and you have little to no input in the matter. I found this out when I told mine on Saturday that when I come to get my hair done at the end of December, I would like bangs*. My request was denied. I am not allowed to have them. And also, even if I tell her that I hate to part my hair to the side, she is permitted by Hair Law to cut my hair so that I have to part it that way.

- I don't really need to study for the math portion of the GRE, because on the day that I take it a magical math fairy will float down from the sky and whisper equations into my ear.




*for real, I want thick, hardcore 60's style bangs. Like no wimpy fake side bangs. I want Anita Pallenberg-from-when-she-was-with-Keith-Richards-esque bangs. Granted, they will probably look terrible and I will immediately regret my horrendous mistake, but is it not mine to make?

1 comment:

Samantha Wolov said...

worst. acne. ever.

seriously. you knew me when i had bangs like that. my face looked so round, i looked like a soccer ball, and because your hair is always touching your skin there, you will always have breakouts. ironically, the bangs would cover the zits, but it's a never ending cycle. i like bangs, but i have shorter, really thick side-swept things.

oh, and the hair fiasco from before? totally fixed. you should fly out to SF to visit me, then i'll take you to my lady. i've been tutoring her in the ways of jew hair.